Enabling Accessible Publishing: A Typefi initiative
Typefi’s vision is to ensure a vibrant, sustainable, and inclusive publishing community through innovative solutions. One way we work towards achieving this is to support our customers in producing publications that are widely accessible to a broad audience.
The Enabling Accessible Publishing program provides free Typefi software and services to not-for-profit, volunteer-driven organisations that are producing content in accessible formats for people living with visual, auditory, physical, or cognitive disabilities.
Launched in late 2018 to celebrate the 70th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Enabling Accessible Publishing aims to help create an inclusive society where information is freely accessible to all.
To be eligible for the Enabling Accessible Publishing program, your organisation must be:
- A registered not-for-profit or charity organisation;
- Staffed primarily (but not necessarily wholly) by volunteers;
- Producing content in accessible formats; and
- Offering accessible content to consumers free of charge.
Enabling Accessible Publishing is open to suitable organisations anywhere in the world.
While we are currently offering the program to a limited number of organisations per year, we welcome applications or enquiries about Enabling Accessible Publishing at any time.
How will Typefi help you?
Typefi’s single-source automated publishing platform will help you to produce accessible content faster and more efficiently.
As an Enabling Accessible Publishing participant, your organisation will receive:
- A Typefi Cloud licence appropriate to your needs;
- 60 hours of implementation services, including (but not limited to):
- Publishing workflow assessment, consultation and advice;
- InDesign template development and scripting;
- Development of custom output formats as needed;
- Training in all aspects of Typefi;
- Ongoing software support and maintenance.
Expressions of interest
If you think your organisation is a suitable candidate for the Enabling Accessible Publishing program or if you’d like to learn more about this initiative, please complete the form below and we’ll be in touch!