XML for Standards Publishers: A NISO Connections Live Event
Typefi is proud to be sponsoring the first ever XML for Standards Publishers symposium, hosted by the National Information Standards Organization (NISO) on Monday, 24 April 2017, at the Library of Congress in Washington DC.
Standards have traditionally been delivered as PDF documents. However, in a world where standards are increasingly monetised through derivative products, exchanged between partners, and consumed on mobile devices, PDF does not provide the flexibility needed to meet current and future market demands.
XML provides the key to solving all these issues and more!
Attendees at this free symposium will learn how XML can:
- Facilitate interoperability between standards organisations;
- Aid content reuse for additional products and revenue;
- Reduce costs by publishing with standards-based publishing systems;
- Create multiple publication formats for different devices from a single source of content;
- Support accessible publications for people with print disabilities.
Representatives from standards organisations will share their experiences of implementing XML, and sponsors will demonstrate a range of processes, tools and insights that will assist standards organisations to incorporate XML into their publishing workflows.
For more info, including a full agenda and registration details, visit the NISO website.