Webinar recording: What’s new at Typefi (August 2017)
Join Caleb Clauset, Typefi VP Product, for a demo of Typefi’s newest features and to find out what’s coming up next!
Slides & Notes (PDF)
||Updates to the Typefitter plug-in for Adobe InDesign
||Transitioning to Creative Cloud
||Product support life cycle (see Typefi Support for more detail)
||Typefi product roadmap
||Demonstration of Extensis FontLink integration
||Typefi Writer updates
- A refreshed user interface
- Demonstration of new tools for inserting and managing audio and video media elements
- Demonstration of embedding Microsoft Excel worksheets
||Other updates in Typefi 8.3
- New and improved workflow variables
- Enhanced accessibility (title and language) in Export to PDF
- Toggle fields ON/OFF for Edit Metadata
- Sortable columns in Files view
- ¿Hablas español? Typefi is now localised in Spanish
- And more…
- Typefi Preflight—flag (and even fix) potential problems with your template before you check it into Typefi
- Content XML 3.1 enhancements
- Redesigned files input—multi-file selection with drag-and-drop reordering and support for workflow variables
- Typefitter 5—machine learning and enhanced copy-fitting
- Schematron—a lightweight ‘fact checker’ for XML
- Roles—define user- and group-based roles for enhanced access control
Vice President Product | US
Caleb drives the vision and strategy for Typefi’s products, and cultivates strategic partnerships with developers to extend Typefi’s core capabilities.
He is an award-winning designer and Adobe Certified Expert in InDesign with over a decade’s experience designing, developing and implementing publishing technology. He holds a Master of Graphic Design from North Carolina State University and a Bachelor of Science in Architecture from the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor.
Thanks for watching! If you have questions about anything in this presentation, don’t hesitate to drop us a line.
Tags: Automated publishing, Typefi 8, Webinar