Typefi: Where DITA meets design
There’s so much to love about DITA, but let’s face it, creating visually compelling print content from DITA is hard, if not impossible.
Formatting even the most basic output can leave you wishing you had a degree in software engineering. What you get is what you get—there’s no opportunity for manual design intervention.
And if you need to align your marketing collateral with your technical documentation? Well, good luck sorting that out.
Unless you have Typefi.
Say goodbye to frustrating DITA-OT/XSL-FO systems!
Say hello to design agility with Typefi, and take back control of your brand image!
Typefi’s world-leading single-source publishing automation platform harnesses the power of Adobe InDesign Server for layout and design.
With 20 years’ experience enabling organisations to create professional publications with XML and InDesign, Typefi brings intelligent automation right to your fingertips.
Produce DITA content in your choice of 30+ outputs, including XML, HTML, EPUB, InDesign, and perfectly-designed PDFs for print and online.
The speed with which we can assemble printed materials from our XML content is light years ahead of where we were.Paul Illian, Director of Products, The Institutes (Typefi DITA customer since 2009)
All the benefits of DITA—with great design!
Streamline your publishing processes.
- Integrate seamlessly with your CMS, centralising business, branding and governance logic across all channels.
- Separate content creation from layout.
- Automate production of all print and digital output, even for complex DITA content such as footnotes, TOCs, diagrams, tables, and multi-level lists.
- Slash production time by up to 80%.
- Work closer to deadlines—easily rectify errors or make changes to content and design at any stage of the production process.
- Publish in multiple languages (Arabic, Hebrew, Indic, Chinese, Japanese, Korean, and many more!) without time-intensive reformatting or additional costs.
- Easily create accessible documents that are automatically Section 508/WCAG 2.0-compliant.
Take back your design power!
- Create your own dynamic Adobe InDesign templates—no programming skills needed.
- Produce Adobe InDesign files for manual intervention where preferred.
- Eliminate the need for DITA-OT/XSL-FO.
- Achieve true branding alignment between marketing collateral and technical documentation.
A proven DITA publishing solution.
The Institutes is a leading provider of foundational and continuing education and professional development for over 100,000 members in the risk management and property casualty insurance industries.
In 2009, The Institutes replaced its inefficient and wholly print-centric workflow with a new publishing system incorporating DITA for authoring and Typefi for publication.
Typefi’s seamless integration with The Institutes’ CMS enabled them to increase publishing output by 1900% over five years and to offer customised content on demand, all with the same staffing resources.
I’ve seen years since where they’ve had over 150 products come out the door in a given year. So that 1900%, that’s a conservative number.Jim Cain, Solution Architect, Jacquette Consulting
To learn more about The Institutes’ Typefi/DITA publishing solution, check out the case study and Jim Cain’s 2019 Typefi User Conference Presentation ‘Standing the Test of Time: A Case Study for Integrating DITA XML and Typefi‘.
Unfailing support all the way.
As an organisation that values integrity, collaboration, and a commitment to “solving the right problem”, the Typefi team will work closely with you to understand your needs, develop and implement your solution, train your Typefi users, and provide ongoing support.
Our Professional Services team members are located around the world to provide a quick response and on-tap expertise, no matter where you are.
Ready to take the first step towards revolutionising your publishing?
We’ll work with you to understand the publishing challenges you’re facing and determine which Typefi solution best suits your budget and production needs. Simply contact our Business Development team to find out how we can help you DO MORE.