Location: USA (work from home)
Closing date: 30 September 2019
Typefi is a global leader in single-source automated publishing software for print, web and mobile, enabling people to publish their content in more formats—and up to 80% faster—without compromising on design or content integrity.
Typefi’s cutting edge, user-friendly platform provides customers with the ability to take a single source of content and automatically render it in their choice of over 30 formats for print, online and mobile in just minutes with 100% accuracy.
Founded in 2001 in Queensland, Australia, Typefi and its global team are committed to the core values of integrity, expertise, teamwork, and customer success.
We are looking for a highly motivated and proactive content professional who understands the user experience begins before our software is installed. As a Technical Writer at Typefi, you’ll play a core role in enabling our enterprise customers’ successful modernization of their publishing workflows.
You’ll gain deep understanding of all Typefi products inside and out, developing close relationships with your peers in professional services, engineering, and product management to create content that promotes customer success. In this full-time role, you’ll work as part of a distributed, global team. You understand the technical writing process, possess the technical expertise to explain complex concepts to a diverse audience, and have superb communication and project planning skills.
- Write helpful, accurate, well-organized, consistent, and highly effective content from scratch
- Analyse existing content, focusing on reuse and single-sourcing opportunities
- Become an expert user and provide feedback to product development and engineering teams
- Incorporate customer feedback and suggested improvements into core content
- Storyboard and script videos on key product technology, concepts, and tasks
- Excellent written and verbal English language skills
- Organisational skills and the ability to drive collaborative content projects
- Customer obsession, strong problem-solving and attention to detail
- Ability to quickly learn complex concepts and technologies, and clearly explain them to others through text, diagrams, animation, and video
- Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS
- Knowledge of video creation and production
- Experience with knowledge base systems, preferably Zendesk Guide
- Familiarity with XML, topic-based/structured authoring, and single sourcing
- Based in North Carolina, South Carolina, Southern Virginia, or East Tennessee
Policies and procedures
- Actively ensure that the workplace is kept free from harassment, bullying behaviour and discrimination through thoughtful behaviour, leading by example, and reporting any concerns
- Work in accordance with Typefi policy and procedural guidelines
- Comply with all Occupational Health and Safety guidelines, reporting any potential risks or hazards
- Follow safe work practices for self and others
What we offer
- A competitive compensation package based on skills and experience
- Comprehensive training in Typefi and associated technologies
- Opportunities to travel within the US and internationally
- The opportunity to be part of a global team of experts working on an innovative, world-leading publishing platform
- A flexible working environment, including the ability to work remotely
How to apply
Send your resumé and a cover letter telling us why you’re the ideal fit for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30 September 2019.