Senior Systems Administrator (Highly technical end-user experience)
Location: Colombo, Sri Lanka
Typefi is the world-leading provider of single-source automated publishing software, helping people around the world publish their content faster and in more formats.
Typefi’s publishing platform fully integrates print, online and mobile production in a seamless end-to-end automated workflow, enabling Typefi’s customers to take a single source document and automatically render it in over 30 flawlessly designed formats for print, online and mobile in under three minutes with 100% accuracy.
Founded in 2001 in Queensland, Australia, Typefi and its people are committed to delivering excellence across all of its solutions, products, and services. In combination with Typefi’s strong alliances with industry leaders such as Adobe, that commitment translates into commercial success for many of the world’s leading publishers of richly formatted documents.
Typefi is looking for a Systems Administrator to provide primary desktop and systems support to our Colombo development team, help maintain global system infrastructure, and troubleshoot advanced application problems. This individual will support the technology needs of internal teams, and will become the in-house expert for installation and troubleshooting of Typefi’s software products.
Candidates should have a strong background in macOS and Windows environments as well as experience with cloud infrastructure. We expect all candidates to be collaborative team members, learn on their own, and apply new knowledge through continuous improvement. We value shared responsibility, clear communication, automation and independence.
Candidate must have the ability to function as a team player with a positive attitude and a commitment to meet deliveries through proactively engaging in providing solutions in a globally distributed research and development environment. Although this role primarily serves the needs of the Colombo team, Typefi Systems Administrators also serve the needs of our global end-user and customer base.
Critical job elements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Providing insight and guidance to our team of developers and collaboratively support their macOS and Windows laptops/desktop environments.
- Keeping end-user devices clean and in good working order and performing advanced troubleshooting of end-user hardware; coordinating with vendors for repairs as needed.
- Performing advanced and methodical troubleshooting of complex applications and subsystems.
- Performing installation and troubleshooting insight, expertise, and support to customer-facing team members.
- Provisioning virtual machines on desktop and/or server subsystems.
- Creating and maintaining internal/external user accounts in an enterprise environment.
- Performing new application testing, deployments, and troubleshooting.
- Implementing upgrades, modernisation projects, and changes.
- Provisioning server instances.
- Responding to alerts triggered by monitoring systems.
- Ability to understand, categorise, and communicate the scope and severity of systemic problems and escalate accordingly.
- Automating tasks through use of scripting languages such as PowerShell.
- Managing the local office’s enterprise firewalls and WiFi.
- Preparing and presenting training sessions for local staff such as security awareness.
- Creating and maintaining documentation.
- Anticipating the needs of our global teams.
- Maintaining formal and informal documentation on daily work performed, incidents, events, and configuration changes.
- Providing summaries and planning advice to management.
- Providing after-hours support and responding to alarms when needed.
Desired qualifications and skills
- IT/Computer Science/Networking related degree or equivalent qualification.
- Minimum combined 4 years’ experience in Help-Desk support and Systems Administration (L2/L3).
- Possess strong knowledge of information security practices.
- Experience with System Monitoring and Automation.
- Excellent organisational skills, and the ability to manage several projects at the same time.
- Ability to self-learn technologies that may change rapidly and require deep understanding to use effectively.
- Initiative and the ability to work independently without supervision.
- Certification: Apple Certified Support Professional.
- Certification: AWS SysOps Administrator – Associate.
- Certification: Cisco Meraki Network Operator/Associate.
- Certification: CWNP Wireless Technician or equivalent.
- Certification: ITIL.
- Experience in maintaining Java based applications, specifically those built on Apache Tomcat.
- Experience provisioning, using, and administering macOS using DEp and automation tools such as Ansible (10.13+).
- Experience provisioning, using, and administering Windows (10+).
- Experience in deployment and management of virtual machines using Parallels Desktop and XenServer.
- Strong knowledge of enterprise routers including site-to-site VPNs, routing, traffic shaping, and content management.
- Experience in Windows and Linux Server administration.
- Experience in configuring and managing web servers using Apache HTTPD.
- Experience in the use of source code management.
- Experience in creating procedures and documenting configurations.
- Experience in Mobile Device Management.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Challenging, fun, rewarding work
- Competitive salary
- Work with a global team of industry experts
- Strong growth potential
How to apply
Kindly email your CV to email@example.com indicating the position applied for as email subject.