Location: Colombo, Sri Lanka
Typefi is the world-leading provider of single-source automated publishing software, helping people around the world publish their content faster and in more formats.
Typefi’s publishing platform fully integrates print, online and mobile production in a seamless end-to-end automated workflow, enabling Typefi’s customers to take a single source document and automatically render it in over 30 flawlessly designed formats for print, online and mobile in under three minutes with 100% accuracy.
Founded in 2001 in Queensland, Australia, Typefi and its people are committed to delivering excellence across all of its solutions, products, and services. In combination with Typefi’s strong alliances with industry leaders such as Adobe, that commitment translates into commercial success for many of the world’s leading publishers of richly formatted documents.
Typefi is looking to expand the Infrastructure team with a Systems Engineer experienced in scripting/automation to support infrastructure, development environments, and continuous delivery automation. This individual will become the guru of build environment automation and the inner-workings of applications developed by our company.
Candidates should have a strong background in systems engineering, automation scripting, customer support, and cloud architecture. We expect all candidates to be collaborative team members, learn on their own, and apply new knowledge through continuous improvement. We value shared responsibility, clear communication, and knowledge sharing.
Candidate must have the ability to function as a team player with a positive attitude and a commitment to meet deliveries through proactively engaging in providing solutions in a globally distributed research and development environment.
Critical job elements
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English.
- Architecting, building, documenting, maintaining and troubleshooting shared, virtual, dedicated and cloud-based hosting environments for clients and internal systems.
- For Server Operations, support day-to-day operations of our AWS-based infrastructure.
- For Application Operations, support day-to-day operations of our Java/Tomcat based applications.
- Engineer scripts to automate routine tasks and those part of a continuous delivery pipeline.
- Maintain all code projects using GIT.
- Communicate effectively with teams and customers through voice/video/chat/email.
- Perform security scans and mitigate problems and/or vulnerabilities.
- Perform server administrative tasks, maintenance, and patching.
- Performing advanced and methodical troubleshooting of complex applications and subsystems.
- Performing installation and troubleshooting insight, expertise, and support to customer-facing team members.
- Provisioning virtual machines on desktop and/or server subsystems.
- Implementing upgrades, modernisation projects, and changes.
- Participate in scoping, understanding, and escalating of problem or security events.
- Responding to alerts triggered by monitoring systems.
- Ability to understand, categorise, and communicate the scope and severity of systemic problems and escalate accordingly.
- Create and maintain detailed documentation of configurations, implementations, and procedures.
- Prepare technical presentations and demos of designed solutions and processes.
- Maintaining formal and informal documentation on daily work performed, incidents, events, and configuration changes.
- Providing summaries and planning advice to management.
- Mentor/coach system administrators and support.
- Anticipating the needs of our global teams.
- Provide after-hours support and respond to alarms when needed.
Desired qualifications and skills
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or equivalent experience.
- Minimum combined 2 years’ experience in Systems Engineering (L1/L2/L3) with additional years in systems administration, application support, or equivalent.
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting environments.
- Possess strong knowledge of information security practices.
- Experience with System Monitoring and Automation.
- Excellent organisational skills, and the ability to manage several projects at the same time.
- Ability to self-learn technologies that may change rapidly and require deep understanding to use effectively.
- Initiative and the ability to work independently without supervision.
- Certification: AWS SysOps Administrator – Associate or Professional.
- Experience in implementing solutions based on Java, specifically those built on Apache Tomcat.
- Experience in automation technologies such as Jenkins, Ansible, Puppet, or Chef.
- Experience in AWS components including VPC, EC2, S3, RDS, and Lambda.
- Strong knowledge of enterprise routers including site-to-site VPNs, routing, traffic shaping, and content management.
- Experience in Windows and Linux Server administration.
- Experience in configuring and managing web servers using Apache HTTPD.
- Experience in creating procedures and documenting configurations.
- Prior experience in Software-as-service architectures.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Challenging, fun, rewarding work
- Competitive salary
- Work with a global team of industry experts
- Strong growth potential
How to apply
Kindly email your CV to email@example.com indicating the position applied for as email subject.