Solutions Consultant (Professional Services)
Location: USA (working from home)
Closing date: 9 September 2019
We’re seeking a highly motivated, solutions-oriented customer service professional with proven project management skills, strong Adobe InDesign skills, a healthy knowledge of XML and associated technologies, an interest in innovative publishing for print, online and mobile, and a desire to help people DO MORE through the power of intelligent automation.
Typefi is a global leader in single-source automated publishing software for print, web and mobile, enabling people to publish their content in more formats—and up to 80% faster—without compromising on design or content integrity.
Typefi’s cutting edge, user-friendly platform provides customers with the ability to take a single source of content and automatically render it in their choice of over 30 formats for print, online and mobile in just minutes with 100% accuracy.
Founded in 2001 in Queensland, Australia, Typefi and its global team are committed to the core values of integrity, expertise, teamwork, and customer success.
Reporting to the VP of Customer Experience, Solutions Consultants are the public face of Typefi and are involved in all aspects of the customer life cycle, from presenting the software to potential customers at trade events or online, to onsite implementation of the software for new customers, to providing reliable support and further improvements to Typefi’s existing clients.
A successful Solutions Consultant is technically literate in XML and Adobe InDesign and has the ability to translate Typefi’s technology into effective solutions that ‘solve the right problem’ for customers. Project management skills are essential, as the Consultant must manage the demands associated with working on several projects simultaneously.
Solutions Consultants also act as a bridge between customers and Typefi’s product management team, and must have the ability and willingness to provide feedback on Typefi’s products and services to inform ongoing innovation and improvement.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Work with Professional Services Engineers to implement documented solutions
- Manage project deliverables and implementation
- Provide customer support through Typefi’s online support system (Zendesk)
- Create and modify Adobe InDesign templates to be used with Typefi
- Document customer solutions on the Typefi internal wiki
- Provide customer training
- Develop, demonstrate and implement Typefi-based solutions for customers
- Be the key technical contact during the pre-sales process
- Facilitate customer workshops to understand customer requirements
- Generate requirements documents for customer projects
- Develop and document solutions to meet customer needs
- Highly self motivated and a guru of time management
- Excellent organisational skills and the ability to manage several projects and competing demands at the same time to deadline and within defined scope
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation and training skills
- A ‘solutions mindset’ and a willingness to take responsibility for providing positive customer outcomes
- A strong interest in technology and the ability to adapt to technological changes and advancements
Knowledge and experience
- Strong Adobe InDesign CC skills
- Demonstrated experience in utilising XML workflows for production of publications
- Technical knowledge of EPUB, HTML and other digital publishing formats and workflows
- Proven experience of successfully delivering complex projects
- Experience in a customer service or customer support role will prove a significant advantage
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud applications (including Acrobat), and the Microsoft Windows and Apple OS X operating systems
- Second-language skills are highly regarded
Teamwork and communication
- Work as part of the Typefi team to create a positive, tolerant and harmonious work environment
- Deal with all staff in a helpful, courteous and respectful manner
- Communicate ideas which may improve efficiency, performance or standards
- Actively participate in the giving and receiving of constructive feedback
- Take part in weekly online project and team meetings
- Attend face-to-face meetings and events throughout the year where required
Policies and procedures
- Actively ensure that the workplace is kept free from harassment, bullying behaviour and discrimination through thoughtful behaviour, leading by example, and reporting any concerns
- Work in accordance with Typefi policy and procedural guidelines
- Comply with all Occupational Health and Safety guidelines, reporting any potential risks or hazards
- Follow safe work practices for self and others
What we offer
- A competitive compensation package based on skills and experience
- Comprehensive training in Typefi and associated technologies
- Opportunities to travel within the US and internationally
- The opportunity to be part of a global team of experts working on an innovative, world-leading publishing platform
- A flexible working environment, including the ability to work remotely
How to apply
Send your resumé and a cover letter telling us why you’re the ideal fit for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9 September 2019.